Thursday, June 06, 2013

What a weekend!

Way back at the beginning of the year I put in my entry as an individual artist in Derbyshire Open Arts. 
Knowing that I would be showing both knitted wire and porcelain, I combined the two in an image. 
This was fun, as it is hard to tell the scale of the work from the image.

Towards the end of March the brochures were delivered to the studio, and I could start handing them out.

The entries for Long Eaton Art Room looked good together.

In the meantime, at the Art Room much organising was going on to showcase the various activities we provide.

Then came an unexpected bonus. 
I was mentioned in the Artsbeat May issue article about Derbyshire Open Arts. 
During the weekend I know that at least two people not from our area were prompted to visit as a result of seeing this mention.

I tweaked my studio to show off my latest work, and added a vase full of flowers from our garden. 
Knitted wire was shown at the window so that it glistened in the sunshine from around three in the afternoon.
 Porcelain was laid out rather in the manner of archaeological finds elsewhere in the studio.
Several people mentioned this. Maybe the couple of summers I spent in Cyprus on a dig are showing their influence.

Over the course of the three days I didn't venture far from my studio, mainly popping in to see the other studio spaces upstairs.
On Sunday the Henna Fairy was plying her art, and I was quick to take advantage.
Here is how it looked four days later, but today you'd have to use a lot of imagination to trace the remains of the design.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home