Monday, May 20, 2013

Entranced ....!

A couple of  weeks ago I watched "Later with Jools Holland" on TV.
Not certain whether I would stay awake for the whole programme I recorded it.

There was a great lineup, but the track that stuck with me was "Step" by Vampire Weekend.
I watched the recording a few times the next day, then found their website which included the lyrics.

This has now haunted me in the most pleasant way ever since.
I can be weeding in the garden, or dropping off to sleep all at the same measured pace.
I can't remember when the last time was when that happened.

No doubt I am missing some aspects of the lyrics, but the melody and rhythm are just right for me now.

A couple of days later just as it was getting dark the garden took on a magical quality.
All the white blossom jumped out at me, and I took my phone out to try to capture it.

This image is now part and parcel of the song for me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home